What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are a non-surgical treatment to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers involve the injection of a natural substance – hyaluronic acid, which is already contained within the body, in order to add volume to the treated area. Dermal Fillers are an increasingly popular option for people who wish to reduce signs of aging, without having to resort to expensive, complicated plastic surgery. They are used to treat many areas, they can fill in deep lines, creases, and wrinkles. They can also add volume to thin or wrinkled lips. As we age, the collagen that gives our skin durability and flexibility declines which results in the appearance of lines and wrinkles and the loss of fullness and volume. Dermal fillers are an extremely popular and successful method of treating these concerns and deliver a fresher, more youthful appearance. By replacing volume in some parts of the face, we can achieve a more youthful look.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Reduces the appearance of laughter and smile lines (nasolabial folds)
- Adds volume to thin or wrinkled lips
- Tightens loose skin
- Fills in deep lines, creases and wrinkles
- Replaces lost facial volume to boost skin
- Plumps cheeks, giving the appearance of a more youthful face
- Contours areas of the face such as the jawline
- Improves imperfections, blemishes and scars